Rev. Kenneth R. Sicard, O.P., Ph.D.
President (July 1, 2020 – Present)
Acting President (July – December 2018)
- Assumed all responsibilities of the Office during the President’s six-month sabbatical
Executive Vice President/Treasurer (July 2005 – June 2020)
- Acted as Chief of Staff to the President, providing counsel, support, and advice on emerging issues and all matters affecting the College;
- Served on the President’s Cabinet and assumed the responsibilities and duties of the President in his absence;
- Served as a member of the Board of Trustees and Secretary of the Corporation, and provided assistance to Trustees as needed;
- Served on various Board committees, including Audit, Board Affairs, Executive, Finance, and Investment;
- Served as a member of the Providence President’s Council;
- Served in a leadership role in the creation of the PC200 Strategic Plan, and have played a major role in Plan implementation;
- Directly supervised the vice president/general counsel; vice presidents for athletics, external affairs/marketing/board relations, mission and ministry, and student affairs; and associate vice presidents for human resources and public safety;
- Maintained a dotted-line relationship with the senior vice presidents for academic affairs, finance and business, and institutional advancement, as well as the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion;
- Counseled the vice presidents on decision-making, strategic planning, and campus communications;
- Ensured that all divisions satisfy the needs of the College, adhere to all federal rules and regulations, uphold the highest ethical standards, and have the resources necessary to fulfill their respective roles and responsibilities;
- Participated in a number of College committees, including the Clery Act; Health Care Advisory; Diversity and Inclusion Implementation; Integrated Marketing; Pension Investment; Safety and Emergency Response; Shared Governance (chair); Strategic Planning (co-chair);
- Served as the liaison between the Office of the President and various outside constituencies, including the Board of Trustees and Corporation, parents and alumni, the Dominican Province of St. Joseph, and the Diocese of Providence; and
- Oversaw, in collaboration with the associate treasurer, the management of the Priory budget, as well as health care and retirement benefits for the Dominican Friars.
Dean of Residence Life (July 1997 – June 2005)
- Oversaw all aspects of the Residence Life Program to ensure that all resident students received a quality of life that is guided by, and consistent with, the mission of the College;
- Was responsible for all administrative and policy-making decisions and for creating a residential atmosphere that was conducive to the safety, intellectual, personal, social, and spiritual development of resident students;
- Had oversight over the operating budget and strategic directions for Residence Life;
- Recruited, hired, and supervised a professional and para-professional staff of more than 100;
- Provided indirect administration and supervision of residence halls, suites, and apartments;
- Established policies to ensure the overall security of the residence halls;
- Facilitated a programming model that was informed by student feedback, best practices, and the mission of the College;
- Oversaw the annual housing selection process; and
- Established policies to ensure that disciplinary procedures functioned effectively.
Dominican Father and Brothers, Province of St. Joseph
Director of Vocations (June 2000 – June 2002)
- Served as a member of the Vocation Council of the Province.
- Was responsible for recruiting and screening candidates for the Province.
Provincial Treasurer (July 2002 – June 2010)
- Oversaw the financial, investment, capital projects, and accounting operations of the Province of St. Joseph, including budgeting, portfolio management, property sales and acquisitions, construction/renovations, and financial planning.
Member of the Economic Council of the Dominican Order (October 2010 – June 2016)
- Participated in the international operations related to portfolio management, accounting operations, property sales and acquisitions, and budgets for the Dominican Order.
Member of the Board of Overseers at the Dominican House of Studies (2021 – Present)
Ohio Dominican College (Columbus, Ohio)
Chaplain and Full-time Faculty Member (September 1990 – June 1997)
- Was responsible for meeting the spiritual and sacramental needs of the students and the community of Dominican Sisters.
- Taught a 3:3 load in the Business Department, including courses in Finance, Money and Banking, Auditing, and all levels of Accounting.
Fleet Financial Group (Providence, R.I.)
Audit Manager (June 1978 – July 1984)
- Began in an entry-level position after College and advanced through various positions leading to manager.
- Responsible for participation in, and eventual oversight of, audits in various operations of the Bank and subsidiaries of the Corporation.
The Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio)
- Ph.D. in Business Education (June 1997)
Dominican House of Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Master of Divinity/Bachelor in Sacred Theology (June 1990)
- Master of Business Administration (June 1983)
- Bachelor of Science (magna cum laude) (May 1978) Major: Accounting
OTHER BOARD SERVICE
Roger Williams Hospital; Providence, R.I. (Trustee) 2008 – 2013
- Member of Finance and Investment committees
Dominican Sisters of Peace; Columbus, Ohio (2014 – Present)
- Member of the Economic Council
St. Sebastian School; Needham, Mass. (Trustee) 2016 – Present
- Member of the Finance and Audit committees